Bylaws voted in at April 2014 AGM
Governance and Operations
- Improve communications and strengthen the relationships between OCTEVAW’s BOD, standing committees, staff, and volunteers;
- Strengthen the capacity and membership of the BOD and improve BOD members’ understanding of their roles and responsibilities;
- Enhance member engagement; and
- Address staffing and resource requirements to support OCTEVAW’s continued growth.
- Supporting women by providing access to timely resources, and identifying;
- Prevention work, with a focus on youth and student engagement (Public Engagement Committee);
- Coalition-building to ensure a coordinated response to VAW issues and initiatives; and
- Systems change where the Coalition is striving towards challenging systemic discrimination, particularly by enhancing the criminal justice system to better meet the needs of women and children experiencing violence.