Don't miss this once-a-year opportunity to explore the museum's research and collections facility in Gatineau, Quebec. 1740 Pink Road.
As we celebrate Canada 150, discover the impressive national collections of plants, animals, fossils and minerals, which are housed in an area equivalent to five hockey rinks! See some of our 14.6 million natural-history specimens and artifacts, and meet leading science experts who curate and study them.
Among the highlights:
- Discover the Arctic’s biodiversity, with some northern “stars” in our collections
• see sparkling minerals, meteorites, dinosaur bones, Ice Age animals and other geological treasures
• roam through our Herbarium, with plants of all kinds pressed and preserved for study
• learn how dinosaur fossils are prepared for study and display
• marvel at the wall of antlers, whale bones and skeletons of all kinds
• get up-close to parasites, crustaceans, mussels and clams, and tiny insects
• visit our DNA lab, Heavy Wet lab and Conservation Lab
• see displays from the Geological Survey of Canada, the Bank of Canada Museum and the Students on Ice Foundation.
No reservations required. Photos permitted. Tours are self-guided
Parking: Free; on-site and in the neighbourhood.
For conservation reasons, please leave large backpacks, food and beverages in your car.
Check out the Facebook event! https://www.facebook.com/events/784821961696942/